The last 31st October 2017, EuropeActive within the context of the EU Funded Project – FAIR organised the First Annual Forum for Anti-Doping in Recreational Sport. Representatives of the sport food industries, anti-doping authorities, the European Committee for Standardization, the European Commission, professors and fitness professionals, etc… took part in a very interactive and fruitful forum on nutritional supplements for sports people compatible with doping prevention.
List of interventions:
- FAIR Project Overview, Cliff Collins EuropeActive Director of Programmes
- FAIR PhD Project, Ismael Serrablo Torrejon, Coventry University
- The View of the European Commission on doping prevention, Olivier Fontaine, DG EAC Sport Unit
- The European Landscape of Actors and Actions of Supplements for Sports People, Prof Susan Backhouse, Leeds Beckett University - Erik Duiven, Anti-Doping Netherlands
- Dietary supplements and sports food free of doping substances and CEN/TC Working Group for developing standard for nutritional supplements free of doping substances, Irene Margaritis, ANSES
Participants discussed about the following points:
- How do we define athletes, recreational sport, and do we have an official definition for food supplement for sportspeople?
- The role and the strength of European standards in this field
- The involvement of stakeholders in the standard development procedure
- The independent supplement testing system
- Future collaboration among iNADOs, food industry associations and organizations, sport associations and businesses
Pictures from the FORUM